Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Things To Look Forward To #1

I've been doing release calendar posts for a long time; they serve no other purpose than to remind me of what's coming up and to take whatever steps necessary to make sure I can get everything I want to get, and to give any curious bystanders an idea of what sorts of titles I'm interested in.

So this here post marks several firsts - it's the first one I've done at this location, and - more to the point - it's the first one that covers every console, not just the Xbox.

As we're in the spring/summer lull, it's doubtful that there's going to be much here. I can already pretty much guarantee, though, that any multi-platform release listed here will be for the 360, unless there is some sort of jaw-dropping, mind-expanding reason not to; as I've said a million times, the 360 is my platform of choice because that's where all my friends are, and because I am an Achievement Whore.

This calendar will not include every title; just the ones I'm keeping my eye on. I'm using the Gamespot calendar, for what it's worth.
Bold indicates titles I'm already planning on buying.
Italics means titles I'm curious about and will probably rent, at the very least.
Vanilla means titles that have caught my eye, but I haven't taken any action on yet.

Week of May 25, 2008
  • Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
June 1, 2008
  • Ninja Gaiden 2
  • GRID
  • Lego Indiana Jones
  • Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 (PSP)
June 8, 2008
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
June 17, 2008
  • Secret Agent Clank (PSP)
June 22, 2008
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Top Spin 3
June 29, 2008
  • Playstation Home (Is this a game? Is it free? Is it actually happening, and will it work?)
  • StrongBad's Cool Game for Attractive People (Wii)
July 6, 2008
  • Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (always wanted to try one of these)
  • UT3 (yeah, it's out already for the PS3, but whatevs)
  • GS lists 3 XBLA games coming out this week that will work alongside Fable 2; yes please
July 13, 2008
  • We Love Golf! (Wii)
July 20, 2008
  • FF4 (DS)
  • Order Up! (Wii)
July 27, 2008
  • Soul Calibur 4 (Here's an example where I may end up getting the PS3 version, because Vader > Yoda)
  • Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (Wii)
  • Spectral Force 3 (360)
August 3, 2008
  • nothing
August 10, 2008
  • Madden 09 (meh)
August 17, 2008
  • Too Human
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Samba de Amigo (Wii)
August 24, 2008
  • Saints Row 2
  • Tiger Woods 09 (very tempted to give this franchise a pass this year)
August 31, 2008
  • Little Big Planet
  • Mercenaries 2
  • Age of Conan (360)
  • Infinite Undiscovery (360)
  • Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood (DS)
  • Lego Batman
That's far enough into the future for now; release dates are always subject to change.

No comments: