Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Beatles: Rock Band - set list guess, reconsidered

Here's my original guess at the Beatles: Rock Band set list, from February.
  1. She Loves You
  2. I Wanna Hold Your Hand
  3. Love Me Do
  4. Help!
  5. I Saw Her Standing There
  6. Please Please Me
  7. A Hard Day's Night
  8. Can't Buy Me Love
  9. Eight Days a Week
  10. Ticket To Ride
  11. Yesterday
  12. I Feel Fine
  13. Paperback Writer
  14. Rain
  15. We Can Work It Out
  16. Revolution
  17. Get Back
  18. Drive My Car
  19. The Word
  20. In My Life
  21. Taxman
  22. She Said, She Said
  23. And Your Bird Can Sing
  24. Doctor Robert
  25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
  26. Getting Better
  27. Good Morning Good Morning
  28. A Day In the Life
  29. Hello Goodbye
  30. Strawberry Fields Forever
  31. All You Need Is Love
  32. Back in the U.S.S.R.
  33. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
  34. Birthday
  35. Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me and My Monkey
  36. Helter Skelter
  37. Come Together
  38. Something
  39. Octopus's Garden
  40. Here Comes The Sun
  41. Mean Mr. Mustard -> Polythene Pam -> She Came In Through The Bathroom Window -> Golden Slumbers -> Carry That Weight -> The End
  42. Get Back
  43. Dig a Pony
  44. I've Got A Feeling
  45. The Ballad of John and Yoko
It was noted in the comments to that post that I'd included "Get Back" twice, so that was dumb. And I knew, at the time, that "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me and My Monkey" was never going to get in - I don't even necessarily like that song. But I had my iPod with me when I was making this list, and I was scrolling through my Beatles albums, and it occurred to me that the instrumental tracks for that song would be pretty fun to play - each instrument is doing something interesting.

Anyway, I bring this up because 25 of the game's 45 songs have been confirmed by EA. As Kotaku reported this morning, those songs (with appropriate "nailed it" / "missed it" commentary) are:
  1. "Back in the U.S.S.R." [yes]
  2. "Can't Buy Me Love" [yes]
  3. "Day Tripper" [how did I miss this?]
  4. "Eight Days a Week" [yes]
  5. "Get Back" [yes, twice]
  6. "Here Comes the Sun" yes
  7. "I Am the Walrus" [I left this out on purpose, b/c I had no idea how they'd do it. this is one of my favorite Beatles songs!]
  8. "I Feel Fine" [yes]
  9. "I Saw Her Standing There" [yes]
  10. "I Want to Hold Your Hand" [yes]
  11. "Octopus's Garden" [yes]
  12. "Paperback Writer" [yes]
  13. "Revolution" [yes]
  14. "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" [yes]
  15. "Taxman" [yes]
  16. "Twist and Shout" [didn't guess this, for some reason - but I'm not crazy about their early, pre-Rubber Soul stuff]
  17. "Within You Without You" [didn't think this would make it since it's so unconventional, but they are using the drumbeat from Tomorrow Never Knows, which is awesome
  18. "Yellow Submarine" i'd guessed there'd only be one Ringo song]
  19. "With A Little Help From My Friends" [so i definitely didn't think there'd be 3 Ringo songs]
  20. "Birthday" [yes]
  21. "I Got a Feeling" [yes]
  22. "Dig a Pony" [yes]
  23. "Do You Want To Know A Secret" [not even sure I've heard this song before]
  24. "I Wanna Be Your Man" [see #23]
  25. "And Your Bird Can Sing" [yes]
I'm already off by 6, but I'll take it. If they can include "I Am The Walrus", they can do anything. In any event, this is moot - at E3, Harmonix revealed that the entire catalog would eventually be available to download, starting with all of "Abbey Road."

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

No comments: