Monday, November 1, 2010

feast or famine

I can't remember the last time I had so much good stuff to play, all at the same time.  It's a little overwhelming, but I'm not complaining.  AT ALL.

We covered Rock Band 3 and Fable 3 on Friday; RB3 is still excellent, and F3 is maybe not as excellent but certainly absorbing.  It's very easy to get sidetracked, which is sort of the point, and even though it feels incredibly artificial and "game-y", it's the sort of thing where you get used to that feeling pretty quickly, and it ceases being a concern.

I finished the first mission or two in the Red Dead Redemption Zombie DLC; man, that game continues to be awesome.  I've had RDR flip-flopping with Mass Effect 2 as my Game of the Year pretty much since the get-go, but RDR seems like it's the more complete package, at this point.  Every time I fire it up I'm immediately back in the swing of things.

My Gamefly copy of Kirby's Big Yarn finally arrived, and it's as charming and adorable as can be.  My wife is very much into crafting, and she took a shine to the art design immediately; I'm hoping I can get her to play it.
 
Your mileage will vary depending on your predilection towards video pinball, but if you're in any way inclined towards it, I would highly recommend FXPinball 2, which took up a number of idle hours this weekend.  For my money, it's the best home pinball solution outside of actually owning a machine.

And I finally caved and bought Game Dev Story for my iPod Touch.  I'm generally not one for these kinds of simulation games, or really any kind of sim game, but I'd heard too much good stuff about this one to ignore, and lo and behold, it's totally sucked me in.  VosstonVisions is about 4 years in, now, and while we'd like to get beyond ninja adventure games, we're starting to make some money.  Highly enjoyable, and highly recommended.

No comments: