Monday, January 28, 2008

The RPM Challenge

I'm crossposting this from my LJ, if only because (1) while videogames are a big part of my life and interest, music is really where it's at, and as such (2) if I end up doing this, I might not be posting here that much next month.

I've gotta say, I'm very seriously considering doing the RPM Challenge this year (which is like NaNoWriMo, except for music). 

And I have to say that instead of being frustrated, I'm instead rather amused at how much of a fuss my brain is putting up, as I sit here and dally and dither about.  If I'm going to do it, I should just fucking DO it; I haven't even really come up with a good reason NOT to. 

The only thing that comes up is that I literally just found out about this a day or two ago, after coming across it in a friend's blog. Everybody knows that November is NNWM... I didn't know that February was "Write And Record An Album Month".  So part of my brain is going "I'm not ready yet, I'm not prepared to do this yet, I don't want to just jump in blindly."  And the other part of my brain is saying, "You'll never be ready, you'll never be 100% prepared, so why the hell NOT just go for it?"

I'm sure I'll end up doing it.  I just need to get used to the idea for another 24 hours, and then I'll go for it.

And then I'll bore you all to death.

No comments: