Monday, March 9, 2009

Things I Think About While I Wait For a Package That Will Not Arrive

In my last entry, I mentioned that "I fucking hate UPS," and that was before my newly-repaired 360 even left the warehouse. My 360 was supposed to be delivered today, and I'm here at home waiting for it, and yet somehow it was delivered on Friday - except it wasn't, because the UPS driver apparently couldn't find my buzzer even though there are only 2 buzzers by my front door to choose from, and one of them actually has my name on it. I called UPS and had the package rescheduled to today, the day it was actually supposed to be here; I've been tracking the package since I woke up this morning, and while it's still listed as "In Transit," the last update is from last Friday, and so I remain uncertain as to where it actually is, or if I'll ever see it again.

So let me think of happy thoughts, then: let me turn to Peggle DS, which is the polar opposite of Puzzle Quest: Galactrix in that it is AWESOME. Peggle Nights is a pitch-perfect port of PopCap's popular pachinko game (alliteration holla), which means it is exactly what I wanted it to be - a super-addicting puzzle game that looks and plays great. Where PQ:G suffered from copious, frustrating loading times and horribly implemented touch-screen controls, PN:DS wastes no time in getting you your fix, and you can control it however you want - I opt for the d-pad and buttons as opposed to the stylus. Anyone who's played Peggle on other platforms knows exactly what they'd be getting into here, but I'd heartily recommend it for any DS owner.

On the retro-gaming front, I have been negligent with Final Fantasy 7; I've been really busy lately with some music projects and just haven't had the hours available to really dive in. I've been keeping my PS3 busy with PixelJunk:Eden, though, and the other day I treated myself to Crash Bandicoot: Warped. My buddy Jongre and I played through the 3 main Crash games back in the day, and Warped was probably my favorite even if it was the one I played the least; it certainly mixed up the action more than the previous 2, even if it's just as frustrating and the controls are as imprecise.

...Then again, since it looks like my 360 is in UPS limbo, maybe I will give FF7 some more time today.

No comments: