Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Best of 2008: Inventory

There's something about this time of year - and it seems to happen earlier and earlier - that just gets me revved up. Obviously, I'm talking about making Best-Of-The-Year lists.

2008 was a notable year for me in the gaming category. This was my first year owning all major systems, and I spent quite a lot of money in the process. As a result, I've got a lot more ground to cover, and since it's a slow Tuesday morning in mid-November, I figure now is as good a time as any to figure out what the hell it was that I actually played this year.

Also: The year in Points: I started the year at 28788; I am currently at 37403. There's still 6 weeks left in the year, so I still have time to make it to an even 10,000 point swing. I could put a serious dent in that if I get the new Scene It? game, and I just might; I really enjoyed the last one.

And some notes, before we get into the business:
  • This list simply reflects everything I played this year, not just what I bought.
  • This is going to be as chronological as I can make it.
  • It will also probably omit XBLA and PSN titles, because I can't keep track of all of them. (But I have not forgotten about Braid.) EDIT: Added at bottom.
  • All titles were played on the 360 unless otherwise indicated.
  • These are only the games that came out in 2008; I also bought up a bunch of 2007's best titles for the Wii and PS3, but those will not be reflected in this list.
OK, on to the madness.
  1. Burnout Paradise
  2. Devil May Cry 4
  3. Lost Odyssey
  4. Professor Layton (DS)
  5. MLB2K8
  6. Bully
  7. Condemned 2
  8. Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
  9. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 (PSP)
  10. God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)
  11. MLB08 (PSP)
  12. Okami (Wii)
  13. Grand Theft Auto 4
  14. Boom Blox (Wii)
  15. CrossworDS (DS)
  16. MLB08: The Show (PS3)
  17. Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (PS3)
  18. Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 (PSP)
  19. Lego Indiana Jones
  20. Ninja Gaiden 2
  21. GRID
  22. Dark Sector
  23. The World Ends with You (DS)
  24. Mario Kart (Wii)
  25. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
  26. Alone in the Dark
  27. Unreal Tournament 3
  28. Battlefield: Bad Company
  29. Frontlines: Fuel of War
  30. Tiger Woods 09
  31. Civilization Revolution
  32. Civilization Revolution (DS)
  33. Tales of Vesperia
  34. Mercenaries 2
  35. Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
  36. Infinite Undiscovery
  37. Pure
  38. Too Human
  39. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  40. Silent Hill: Homecoming
  41. Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood (DS)
  42. Fable 2
  43. Saints Row 2
  44. Dead Space
  45. Little Big Planet (PS3)
  46. Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)
  47. Fallout 3
  48. Rock Band 2
  49. Gears of War 2
  50. Mirror's Edge
  51. Bond 007: Quantum of Solace
  52. Left 4 Dead (not yet released)
  53. Tomb Raider: Underworld (not yet released)
  54. Prince of Persia (not yet released)
  55. Last Remnant (not yet released)
  56. Chrono Trigger (DS) (not yet released)
XBLA titles
  1. Rez HD
  2. Poker Smash
  3. N+
  4. Penny Arcade 1
  5. Geometry Wars 2
  6. Braid
  7. Bionic Commando Rearmed
  8. Fable 2 Pub Games
  9. Duke Nukem 3D
  10. Portal: Still Alive
  11. Penny Arcade 2
  12. Kingdom for Keflings

No comments: