Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Can't Talk About It

Heard on Major Nelson's podcast a couple weeks ago that Microsoft would be pre-releasing the New Xbox Experience to a small percentage of the respondents of a specific survey. For some reason, I was utterly convinced that I would be one of those lucky people, and was actually a bit crushed when I wasn't. A week or so later, they gave out even more pre-release NXEs, and I again missed the cut. The NXE officially launches in 7 days, though, so I guess I can wait another week. I'm not sure why I was getting so bent out of shape over it, though.

On the other hand, I got an e-mail from __________ last night, telling me that because I'd downloaded the free __________ PS3 dashboard theme about 3 or 4 months ago, I was now eligible to participate in that beta program.

Maybe my luck was starting to turn around, after all. Maybe I'd finally be able to talk about something substantive and new here instead of just listing all the games I play.

Except, according to the beta EULA, I'm not sure if I can talk about it... here.

1. As a condition of your participation in the Trials, you must:

a. keep the contents of the Trials, including any information, software and service in connection with ___________, confidential as between you and us and not discuss any portion of the Trials with anyone beyond your close friends and family and other Trialists. You shall not discuss or disclose any portion of the Trials with any third party who is a competitor of ___________ or is linked to any news, press or information service (whether on television or radio, in newspaper or magazines or via the Internet or any other online medium) without the express, prior, written consent of ___________.

See, the phrase "anyone beyond your close friends and family" is what's tricky, here, because I'm not sure anybody reads this blog besides people who actually know who I am. But the internet is the internet, and I'm pretty sure this blog is Google-able, and I don't feel like getting sued.

Understand, it's not even like I have that much to say about it. The truth is, there's really not very much to talk about.

Consider me even more skeptical than I already was.

Keeping my fingers crossed, though.

So there.


1 comment:

Caro said...

I guess it's true what they say. You can't go ______ again.