Monday, December 13, 2010

The 2011 Lust List

If, after reading this list, you still need further proof that 2011 will be one of the best years in gaming history, then, well, I don't know what to tell you.  Get a new hobby.  2011 is going to be ridiculous.

The GOTY Front-Runners.  If that's not a murderer's row of kick-ass, I don't know what is.  That's five (5) highly anticipated sequels with impeccable pedigrees, and if these games follow the pattern of their previous installments - i.e., the sequels are leaps and bounds ahead of the original, already-incredible games - then we're all having nervous breakdowns by the end of the year. 
  • Uncharted 3
  • Portal 2
  • Elder Scrolls 5
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Batman: Arkham City
The Must-Plays.  Look, something's got to miss the top 5, and I had a hard time putting any of these games on this list and not the list above.  I fully expect all of these games to be amazing, and I'll most likely start pre-ordering them after I'm done with this post.
  • Gears of War 3
  • Dead Space 2
  • Rage
  • Forza 4
  • Little Big Planet 2
  • Deus Ex: HR
  • Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD 
  • The Last Guardian
The Definite Rentals: I'm curious, and I want to know more.  I'm a little wary of the SSX title, as I'm hearing rumors that it will incorporate similar thumbstick controls to "Skate", which is the exact opposite of what I want an SSX title to be
  • Bulletstorm
  • Killzone 3
  • Crysis 2
  • SSX: Deadly Descents
  • Test Drive Unlimited 2
  • You Don't Know Jack
  • Brink
  • L.A. Noire
 The Great Excuses to Fire Up The PC:
  • Torchlight 2
  • Dragon Age 2
The Game I Am Very Much Afraid Of:
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic
If These Games Make Their 2011 Release Dates, I Will Be Impressed:
  • Max Payne 3
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Diablo 3
  • L.A. Noire

No comments: