Friday, December 3, 2010

Best of 2010 - prologue

Any day now, I'll start working on my favorite post of the year - the 2010 Year in Games.  I've got spreadsheets and word documents and maybe I'll get some powerpoint up in this business, who knows. 

The only reason why I haven't started is because I'm waiting to play the new Donkey Kong game on the Wii - my first Gamefly copy got lost in the mail during the Thanksgiving break, and the second copy still hasn't arrived.  Enough people have raved about it so that I feel compelled to give it at least a compulsory glance before I make my lists official.

That being said, I'm a little concerned that even if it does show up, I won't be able to play it.  And that's because of my carpal tunnel issues, which have started to flare up in the last few weeks.  My carpal tunnel issues caused me to regretfully send back Disney Epic Mickey after only an hour of playtime - the sudden snap-back move you have to make with your wrist during combat hurt like crazy, and there really wasn't even all that much combat to begin with. 

And I've seen a few Donkey Kong commercials now that feature that same sort of wrist movement, and I must admit that I'm a little concerned that I won't be able to play that much of it without having to wear a brace.

Oh well.  I am old, and the Wii is for kids, anyway.

In the meantime, I'm more or less over my little whiny rant about Gran Turismo 5 the other day; I will just have to come back to the events in the beginner tier when I have enough money to buy competitive cars for those particular events without screwing me over towards the cars I actually want to buy.  I think my biggest problem with GT5 is getting used to the PS3 controller; I'm so used to the way the 360 controller feels in my hands, and how the triggers feel with respect to acceleration and braking, and the PS3 controller feels alien and strange.  The actual driving in GT5 is fun as hell; it's everything else about the package that's ridiculous.

No comments: