Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It has begun

I'm not sure I know how many hours I've put into GTA4 today. I ended up waiting in the midnight line last night; got my copy at around 1:00 or so; ended up going to bed around 3:30. Started playing again this morning at 10:00, and have been pretty much going straight through until now, 5:30pm, with a few breaks in between...

I'm so tired and incoherent. I feel slightly hungover, even though I've been totally sober throughout this whole process. Actually, it's more like: I feel like I haven't blinked all day.

So I'm not really in any position to discuss the game. I can say that I've surprised myself by mostly adhering to the main story and side missions; I haven't really done any adventuring (I guess I'm saving that for when I unlock Manhattan). I've gone on a few dates; I've shot some pool; I've not gotten drunk yet. I've killed people, both accidentally and on purpose; I've also finally discovered what this game's "hidden package" is, and it's a little weird. Appropriate, but weird.

I suspect I'm speaking into the void, now, anyway - you're all either already playing it, or you're waiting to get home to start playing it. (Or, you're not playing it at all, in which case: why not?)

No comments: