Monday, April 28, 2008

More Wii: telling you what you already know

My Wii code, should you want it, is: 3993 4497 6732 5460. There are lots of things to like about the Wii, but the integration of online functionality is not one of them. I'd had my Wii for 2 or 3 days before I accidentally stumbled across my Wii code, and then couldn't remember how I found it. I've added a bunch of people to my address book, but I have no way of letting them know that I've done so. And, more to the point, I'm not really using my Wii for online gaming anyway; Mario Kart will be a rental, eventually, once I'm done with GTA4.

Oh, GTA4. To be honest, I'm kinda looking forward to the day when I'm able to complete a blog post without talking about GTA4. That said, I'm more looking forward to tomorrow, when I can finally start playing it. Haven't quite decided whether to wait in line tonight or to just show up when the store opens at 10. BLAH BLAH BLAH

Anyway. I'm talking about the Wii, here, now.

It's a shame that I'm only now getting into Mario Galaxy, since I'm about to put it back down for an indefinite period of time; it's awesome. I'm about 12 or 13 stars into it; I played last night for a few hours or so and was kicking all sorts of ass, until I decided to check out the Sweet Sweet galaxy; I very promptly lost about 5 or 6 lives, right at the end. It was my fault for doing so - the level design was tough but fair, and my deaths were absolutely my responsibility, which I can accept - I'd rather it be my fault than a shitty camera or some sort of glitch. The level design continues to impress and astound, and the controls are freakishly intuitive, considering my unfamiliarity with the controllers.

Oh well. Niko > Mario. I can't wait to jump on the hyperbole train; and anyway, that's my train, I own it.

No comments: