More good news: Trading in Super Smash Bros. and Mario Party 8 helped me completely pay off my GTA4 preorder.
Even better news: Picked up the Wii component cables, and WOW do they make a big difference. It still doesn't look anything like what I've gotten used to on the 360, but at least it looks respectable. Okami, specifically, looks 100x better. Zelda, on the other hand, still kinda looks washed out and last-gen.
There is no bad news; only bad timing. I've now got a pretty respectable Wii library:
- Super Mario Galaxy (which is, indeed, wonderful - more later)
- Super Paper Mario (which is also really good)
- Zelda Twilight Princess (which is, well, Zelda)
- Resident Evil 4 (which I'm not sure when I'm going to get to)
- Okami (see RE4)
- Wii Play (which I'm not going to get to until my wife fully recovers from foot surgery and can stand on both feet)
Of course... then I saw that IGN posted the first video review of GTA4.
Fuuuuck. It looks goooooooood.
It was bad enough just wanting it without really seeing it in action; now it's just unfair. When I was at my local Gamestop earlier today, I asked what their numbers were for GTA4 preorders, because I was tempted to wait in line for the midnight release; they said they had 400 preorders, and the Gamestop further down the street had over 1000. So I guess that's out. I have to go to work on Tuesday anyway; I suppose I can wait until I get home from work.
So the Wii will have to waiit. And meanwhile, my new PSP is already getting neglected! I am such an idiot.