Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Release Calendar: Recession-Proof Economy edition

I don't mean to scare you to death, but we're in the middle of an economic shitstorm right now and the videogame release calendar just went from "zero" to "how will I eat?"

This is just the next 5 weeks, starting right now:

Week of 2/14
  • GTA 4: Lost and Damned DLC (which I can't play b/c my 360 is busted! GAAAAH)
  • Street Fighter 4
  • Noby Noby Boy
Week of 2/22
  • Killzone 2
  • Star Ocean (360) - I'm intrigued, but I can wait
  • Dead Rising (Wii) - maybe I'll get this version and actually finish the damned thing
  • Puzzle Quest Galactrix - or I could just play this for the next year
Week of 3/1
  • Halo Wars - I don't think there's any way my 360 comes back in time for this
  • MLB09: The Show - I'm not listing the 2K MLB game because it's going to suck
  • HAWX - the demo was pretty awesome
  • Phantasy Star Portable (PSP) - any reason to dust off my PSP is noteworthy
Week of 3/8
  • Resident Evil 5
Week of 3/15
  • GTA: Chinatown Wars (DS)
  • Resistance (PSP)
After that, release dates become subject to rumor and speculation; still, though, this is enough to put a serious dent in anybody's wallet. Good luck and godspeed.

No comments: